KIIT School of Law ( abbreviated as KSOL ) was established by KIIT University in 2007 to meet the growing demand for legal professionals in the wake of globalization and rapid expansion of India’s economy. KSOL is in the process of establishing itself as a pivotal institution of excellence, scholarship and rigor among the law institutions of the third generation legal education. We are committed to teaching the techniques of lawyering at the highest level as well as entering into a dialogue with our students about values and justice. KSOL have heralded several novel features and we are one of the pioneers in giving Honors degrees at BA LLB, BSc LLB and BBA LLB levels. In addition to the full range of courses that we offer, students may choose from an exciting array of innovative specialized courses such as Constitutional Law, Business Law, International Law, Crime and Criminology, Intellectual Property Law etc. We also offer LL.M (1 Year) Course and Ph.D Programme in law. More at: www.kls.ac.in. # KSOL
- The School runs under the guidance of Prof. N. L. Mitra, Former Director, National Law School of India University, Bangalore who is presently the Chancellor of KIIT University and the Chairman of the National Advisory Committee of the KIIT School of Law.
- Prof. J. Martin Hunter, a Barrister at the Essex Court Chambers, London & Emeritus Professor, Nottingham Trent University, U.K. is a guiding force behind the school.
- It is also the first law school of the country which has implemented the curricula recommended by the Bar Council of India of 2009.
- KIIT School of Law has been admitted as member of the International Association of Law Schools, Washington, U.S.A. and Asia – Pacific Association of Law Schools, Australia.
- KIIT School of Law believes that being technology-savvy is an indispensable trait of competence in the modern world. Laptops are thus provided to all undergraduate students by KSOL immediately after admission with 24 hours Internet facility.
- We encourage students to learn analytical, communication and research skills together with a sound understanding of legal ethics and professional responsibilities.
- KIIT School of Law library is one of the most comprehensive law libraries in India and undeniably one of the most attractively designed.
- At Present, KLS is one of the leading Law schools in India having specialized honours courses in Buisness Law, Constitutional Law, Crime and Criminology, International Law, Intellectual Property Law and Taxation Law.